Do you have Water Stains on your Ceiling?
More people than not have water damage stains on their ceilings. This is not a good sign. Most often it is a very bad sign.
Before we get to the "how to fix it part"..let's start with how to prevent it. What are some Common Causes of this?
- Clogged gutters.
- Full or clogged gutters are the likely culprit if you’ve experienced heavy or persistent rain.
- Leaky pipes.
- They could run from a bathroom, air conditioner, refrigerator, or dishwasher if one is located in the room above the stained ceiling.
- Caulking issue.
- If the caulking that surrounds your bathtub or shower deteriorates, water can leak down into the ceiling below.
Do you know what a water stain on the ceiling means?
- The mark or spot is a visible mark of water damage in your home
- It can't be fixed with a coat of paint..don't even try it.
- Unfortunately trying to cover it up could cause mold issues in the future.
- Water stains should instead be repaired immediately in order to avoid further damage to ceilings. So STOP and call a professional like SERVPRO of West Evansville before you try to become a youtube expert.
Let us help, do yourself a favor and call a professional like SERVPRO of West Evansville today. Proudly serving Evansville Indiana, Poseyville Indiana, and Mt Vernon Indiana.